Features & benefits
- Patented high strength cable feed system with automatic cable tensioning, and hydraulic double acting feed cylinders
- The tower can be raised or lowered in seconds with a full complement of drill pipe in the carousel and under the rotary head
- Tower pinning and pipe changing is performed remotely from the operator’s cab.
- The hydraulic tophead drive and variable displacement pumps allow the operator an infinite selection of rotation speed at variable torque values
- Optional Atlas Copco patented angle drilling package, allows the tower to be positioned up to a maximum of 30 degrees from the vertical
Rotary drilling up to 12¼” (311 mm) – Multi-pass
The Atlas Copco DM-M3 is a crawler mounted, hydraulic tophead drive, multi-pass rotary drilling rig primarily designed for deep drilling of overburden for cast blasting and is used at several of the largest coal mines in the world. The Atlas Copco DM-M3 has an onboard depth capability of 200 ft (61 m) using 10¾ in diameter drill pipe and up to 240 ft (73 m) using 8 5/8 in diameter drill pipe with a 5-rod carousel. Weight on bit is rated at 90,000 lbf (400 kN) using a patented hydrostatic, closed loop system acting through twin, double rod hydraulic cylinders and cable.
||Large-range drilling rigs
||Rotary and DTH – Multi pass
||251 – 311 mm
|Weight on bit
|Single pass depth
|Maximum hole depth (m, ft)
||61 – 73.2 m
||251 – 311 mm